Salted Butter Roll x Marble pastry board
500g bread flour
5g instant yeast
- Put all the ingredients, except the cream, into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Stir the ingredients for about 7 minutes – be sure to incorporate 2 minutes of slow mixing, and 3 minutes of fast mixing throughout.
- Add unsalted butter to the mix and continue to stir until the dough’s consistency allows for pulling out films – this would take an additional3 minutes. A total of 10 minutes – from start to finish – would have elapsed, you may stop mixing at this point.
- Take out the dough and place it in the fermentation box for basic fermentation for 60 minutes.
- After fermentation is completed, the dough may be divided into separate 60-gram pieces atop your marble pastry board; proceed to shape them into water droplets, and allow them to ferment for a further 20 minutes.
- Flatten – thus lengthening – the dough, place a strip of salted butter at one end and begin rolling up the dough with the salted butter inside the dough. Allow it to ferment for a final 15 minutes.
- After the fermentation is complete, sprinkle a little coarse sea salt on the middle part of the surface, and let’s bake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. and bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes or until the rolls are lightly golden.